Definition of pneumocystis in English:
A parasitic protozoan that can cause fatal pneumonia in people affected with immunodeficiency disease.
- Pneumocystis carinii, phylum Sporozoa
- Moreover, providing treatment to prevent vertical transmission of HIV could save the NHS money - for example, by preventing the need for emergency care of an unnecessarily HIV infected infant with pneumocystis pneumonia.
- She would also be encouraged to begin prophylaxis for pneumocystis carinii pneumonia with Bactrim.
- He confirms that the photographer was HIV-positive but noted that the pneumonia was not pneumocystis pneumonia, the type usually associated with HIV.
Definition of pneumocystis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia