- Example sentences
- In some places the stone is pocked and scarred by the corrosive effects of black sulphates.
- Their sides were pocked and scarred.
- He thanked the medical staff who determined he had been poisoned, which caused him extreme internal pain and left his face pocked and grey.
- ( archaic)Example sentences
- At Bury St Edmunds, Faith Wilson told her neighbour in 1619 to ‘pull up your muffler higher and hide your pocky face’.
- So this winter has been a constant deluge of flyers warning about weird rashes and red throats and pocky skin and the nasty stomach virus that wouldn't die.
Words that rhyme with pockad hoc, amok, Bangkok, baroque, belle époque, bloc, block, bock, brock, chock, chock-a-block, clock, doc, dock, floc, flock, frock, hock, hough, interlock, jock, knock, langue d'oc, lock, Locke, Médoc, mock, nock, o'clock, post hoc, roc, rock, schlock, shock, smock, sock, Spock, stock, wok, yapok
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of pock in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.