Definition of pocket mouse in English:
A small nocturnal rodent with large cheek pouches for carrying food, native to the deserts of North and Central America.
- Genus Perognathus, family Heteromyidae: several species
- Dimples and scratches in the sand also reveal the presence of numerous small mammals, including kangaroo rats, ground squirrels, pocket mice, and wood rats.
- Previous direct observations of habituated kangaroo rats and pocket mice collecting and hoarding provisioned food at Deep Canyon suggest that kangaroo rats scatter cache, whereas pocket mice seldom do so.
- Though Joshua Tree may look devoid of wildlife, even a short walk out in the desert will quickly reveal a myriad of freshly dug holes, where pocket mice, collared lizards, rabbits, or desert tortoises have burrowed.
Definition of pocket mouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan