Definition of pocket mouse in English:
A small nocturnal rodent with large cheek pouches for carrying food, native to the deserts of North and Central America.
- Genus Perognathus, family Heteromyidae: several species
- Dimples and scratches in the sand also reveal the presence of numerous small mammals, including kangaroo rats, ground squirrels, pocket mice, and wood rats.
- Previous direct observations of habituated kangaroo rats and pocket mice collecting and hoarding provisioned food at Deep Canyon suggest that kangaroo rats scatter cache, whereas pocket mice seldom do so.
- Though Joshua Tree may look devoid of wildlife, even a short walk out in the desert will quickly reveal a myriad of freshly dug holes, where pocket mice, collared lizards, rabbits, or desert tortoises have burrowed.
Definition of pocket mouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.