Definition of podcast in English:
A digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or portable media player, typically available as a series, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.
- I'm already downloading podcasts of radio news programmes and listening to them in the car on my way to and from work.
- For those of you unaware of the concept, a podcast is a downloadable audio file suitable for adding to your iPod or other MP3 player.
- You could watch the video on your computer, clips of the audio were inserted into podcasts and rebroadcast.
verb (past and past participle podcast)[with object] Back to top
Make (a digital audio file) available as a podcast.
- And finally I asked how many of them were podcasting... and the majority said that they were not.
- When we first began podcasting, we were podcasting at writing center clients almost exclusively.
- This is a great way to podcast your lecture or presentation.
- Example sentences
- The programme is also available via podcasting.
- Initially you might think the only people podcasting are geeks and computer nerds, but that's not the case.
- Many of my friends subscribe to my podcasting programs, including classmates of mine off abroad.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan