Definition of podge in English:
1A short, fat person.
- The one called Hogarth is charcoal-black, a contemplative podge that looks out upon the world with stupefied wonder.
- This, on the other hand, is likely to prove bait only for food addicts desperate for their next fix, and I'm pretty sure you can outrun a pizza-loving podge no matter how inappropriate your footwear.
1.1Excess weight; fat.
- To be excessively fat is as dangerous as it is to be excessively thin, but there is nothing wrong with a bit of podge.
- You surely didn't think I would wait until you could hear Santa cursing as he squeezed his podge down your hot, sooty chimney before I mentioned the ‘C’ word, did you?
Mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Definition of podge in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.