Definition of pogo in English:
noun(also pogo stick) (plural pogos)
A toy for jumping around on, consisting of a long, spring-loaded pole with a handle at the top and rests for a person’s feet near the bottom.
- I was on the driveway yesterday jumping around on my pogo stick.
- I didn't bounce very well on the pogo stick - the spring was a bit rusty, but I was determined.
- He bounded up onto the stage and played some impromptu air guitar, jumping up and down like he was on a pogo stick and laughing maniacally.
verb (pogoes, pogoing, pogoed)[no object] informal Back to top
Jump up and down as if on a pogo, typically as a form of dancing to certain types of rock music, especially punk.
- It's a rare pleasure to see a crowd that isn't moshing or pogoing, but actually dancing.
- You lot wouldn't know Punk Rock if it pogoed up to you and spat in your earhole.
- Written with a sense of humor, Punk Rock Aerobics is filled not only with dance moves inspired by pogoing and air guitars, but punk trivia and interviews with favorites from the punk-rock music scene.
1920s: of unknown origin.
Definition of pogo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia