noun(also pogo stick) (plural pogos)
- A toy for jumping around on, consisting of a long, spring-loaded pole with a handle at the top and rests for a person’s feet near the bottom.More example sentences
- I was on the driveway yesterday jumping around on my pogo stick.
- I didn't bounce very well on the pogo stick - the spring was a bit rusty, but I was determined.
- He bounded up onto the stage and played some impromptu air guitar, jumping up and down like he was on a pogo stick and laughing maniacally.
verb (pogoes, pogoing, pogoed)[no object] • informal Back to top
- Jump up and down as if on a pogo, typically as a form of dancing to certain types of rock music, especially punk.More example sentences
- It's a rare pleasure to see a crowd that isn't moshing or pogoing, but actually dancing.
- You lot wouldn't know Punk Rock if it pogoed up to you and spat in your earhole.
- Written with a sense of humor, Punk Rock Aerobics is filled not only with dance moves inspired by pogoing and air guitars, but punk trivia and interviews with favorites from the punk-rock music scene.
1920s: of unknown origin.
More definitions of pogoDefinition of pogo in:
- The British & World English dictionary