Definition of poison ivy in English:
A North American climbing plant of the cashew family that secretes an irritant oil from its leaves, which can cause dermatitis.
- Rhus radicans, family Anacardiaceae
- Ground ivy and poison ivy grow in shade, while dead nettle, dandelions, and clover thrive in fertile soil.
- In April a small tractor had been used to disc-harrow much of the poison ivy, bittersweet, bayberry, and grass cover, leaving the soil soft and free of vegetation.
- The poison ivy should not really affect the vegetables, but I would remove the poison ivy, making sure to get all of the root system.
Definition of poison ivy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.