Definition of poison oak in English:
A North American climbing shrub of the cashew family, closely related to poison ivy and having similar properties.
- Rhus toxicodendron, family Anacardiaceae
- She says that for centuries, plantain has been used to provide immediate relief from mosquito bites, hornet stings and the painful itching of poison ivy or poison oak.
- If a child touches poison ivy, poison oak or a sumac plant, causing an itchy rash with pin-size clear blisters, give him a thorough bath to remove the oily resin that caused the reaction.
- The late Alabama folk herbalist Tommie Bass used plantain for sunburn, stings, poison ivy and poison oak.
Definition of poison oak in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan