- An assignment, award, or honor that is likely to prove a disadvantage or source of problems to the recipient: many thought the new minister had been handed a poisoned chaliceMore example sentences
- For those with debts they can no longer afford, the long run of low interest rates may yet prove a poisoned chalice.
- Is the Manager of the month award a poisoned chalice?
- It has, however, proved to be a poisoned chalice for some corporations.
More definitions of poisoned chaliceDefinition of poisoned chalice in:
- The British & World English dictionary