Definition of polar bear in English:
A large white arctic bear that lives mainly on the pack ice. It is a powerful swimmer and feeds chiefly on seals.
- Thalarctos maritimus, family Ursidae
- If you doubt that, consider which bear will live more effectively if transported to the tropics - a polar bear or a black bear.
- A hundred other wildlife species, from polar bears to Arctic foxes, also rely on this unique wild jewel.
- Multiple bear species, including polar bears and grizzlies, have been crossbred in zoos.
Definition of polar bear in:
- British & World English dictionary