Definition of polar bear in English:
A large white arctic bear that lives mainly on the pack ice. It is a powerful swimmer and feeds chiefly on seals.
- Thalarctos maritimus, family Ursidae
- If you doubt that, consider which bear will live more effectively if transported to the tropics - a polar bear or a black bear.
- A hundred other wildlife species, from polar bears to Arctic foxes, also rely on this unique wild jewel.
- Multiple bear species, including polar bears and grizzlies, have been crossbred in zoos.
Definition of polar bear in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia