(also polling station)
- A building where voting takes place during an election, typically one that normally has another function, such as a school.More example sentences
- Surrey Police has pledged to fight election fraud both at polling stations and with postal votes.
- The elections for the county council take place at the same time and in the same polling stations as the general election.
- The clock is ticking towards the next General Election, with polling stations expected to open in May.
More definitions of polling placeDefinition of polling place in:
- The British & World English dictionary