1North American A commercially valuable food fish of the cod family, occurring in the North Atlantic. Also called saithe.
- Pollachius virens, family Gadidae
More example sentences
- The suit reported that the sea lion and harbor seal populations declined by 85% during the time that the pollock, mackerel and cod catches in the Bering Sea and the Gulf of Alaska doubled.
- We've got options - we could go to the Faroes, to Norway, we can source Alaskan pollock, South Pacific cod from America - but they can only go to the North Sea.
- The saithe/pollock is an excellent food fish and, as with the cod and the haddock, processing methods are varied.
Definition of pollock in:
- The British & World English dictionary