Definition of pollock in English:
1North American A commercially valuable food fish of the cod family, occurring in the North Atlantic. Also called saithe.
- Pollachius virens, family Gadidae
- The suit reported that the sea lion and harbor seal populations declined by 85% during the time that the pollock, mackerel and cod catches in the Bering Sea and the Gulf of Alaska doubled.
- We've got options - we could go to the Faroes, to Norway, we can source Alaskan pollock, South Pacific cod from America - but they can only go to the North Sea.
- The saithe/pollock is an excellent food fish and, as with the cod and the haddock, processing methods are varied.
Definition of pollock in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India