Definition of poly in English:
noun (plural polys)informal
- Stretch Twill is a poly/rayon/Lycroflex blend that is both comfortable and very flexible, and offers a casual look with sacrificing performance.
- The Stretch Twill Pro Bowler, style BRS-007 from Boardroom, is a poly/rayon with Lycroplex blend that is a more mobile and comfortable version of Boardroom's microfibre fabric.
- The existing men's style is a short-sleeve poly/rayon blend with some surface detail and a soft hand to give it an upscale look and feel.
- First, the old polytechnics were rebranded as universities - a process of levelling-down that has really meant many old universities becoming polys in all but name.
- But media studies at a former poly faces an extra battle to gain credibility among the very media it seeks to understand.
- Fake your CV so it shows you failed most of your A-levels and just managed to scrape a third-class management degree from a former poly your dad bunged a few thousand quid to, and you will be an irresistible prospect.
Definition of poly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan