Definition of polyanthus in English:
noun (plural same)
A herbaceous flowering plant that is a complex hybrid between the wild primrose and primulas, cultivated in Europe since the 17th century.
- Primula × polyantha, family Primulaceae
- Most gardeners know - and grow - primroses and polyanthus.
- And everywhere I look there are primulas and polyanthus showing their bright little flowers.
- Other jobs include dividing primulas and polyanthus once they have finished flowering.
Words that rhyme with polyanthusacanthus, agapanthus, clianthus, dianthus, helianthus
Definition of polyanthus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan