- 1Of two or more colors; multicolored.More example sentences
- All around the main concourse there is a polychromatic array of multicultural mixed sex, mixed aged groups doing their own thing.
- Purple is particularly in at the moment, along with polychromatic paint that changes colour with the light, for those that can afford it.
- The thin, polychromatic striations of the different coloured tiles add surprising texture and visual animation to the internal and external wall planes.
- 1.1 Physics (Of light or other radiation) of a number of wavelengths or frequencies.More example sentences
- This fact appears in the literature as the discrepancy between sensitivity curves measured with a monochromatic source and with polychromatic radiation observed in normal human skin fibroblasts.
- Solar radiation is polychromatic and the biological effectiveness concentrates on the short-wavelength edge of the spectrum (290320 run, commonly termed UVB).
- With one exception, previous studies have investigated the wavelength dependence of MAA formation under polychromatic light.
- More example sentences
- The maintenance of female polychromatism in the damselfly Ischnura graellsii is addressed by reanalysing data from two natural populations.
- Stephens concluded that the two forms may have resulted from selected polychromatism facilitated by the somewhat insular nature of the Cape San Lucas area.
More definitions of polychromaticDefinition of polychromatic in:
- The British & World English dictionary