- (Of a metal or other solid) consisting of many crystalline parts that are randomly oriented with respect to each other.More example sentences
- In a polycrystalline metal the crack may extend for only a few grain diameters before the crack propagation changes to stage II.
- These older style panels are made of crystalline or polycrystalline silicon modules.
- The yield stress of iron single crystals are very sensitive to both temperature and strain rate and a similar dependence has been found for less pure polycrystalline iron.
More definitions of polycrystallineDefinition of polycrystalline in:
- The British & World English dictionary