- The simultaneous cultivation or exploitation of several crops or kinds of animals.More example sentences
- Corn was planted at 53,000 plants per ha in both monoculture and polyculture.
- It is now perfectly possible to make a viable living from vines in Chablis, whereas in the 1950s growers needed both eternal optimism and another crop, so that polyculture was common.
- The crops grown in polyculture do not compete directly with each other for resources.
More definitions of polycultureDefinition of polyculture in:
- The British & World English dictionary