- A hydrocarbon with several carbon-carbon double bonds, especially one having a chain of alternating single and double bonds.More example sentences
- As the chromophore is a polyene, there are several double bonds capable of isomerization.
- In nonpolar polyenes the lowest-lying funnel corresponds to a 3 kink with both double and adjacent single bonds twisted, which may initiate hula-twist isomerization.
- They have anchored bimetallic catalysts, such as a ruthenium-tin catalyst, to the insides of such molecular sieves and have found that they can selectively hydrogenate cyclic polyenes.
More definitions of polyeneDefinition of polyene in:
- The British & World English dictionary