Definition of polygonum in English:
A plant of a genus that includes knotgrass and knotweed, of which some are weeds and some are garden ornamentals.
- Genus Polygonum, family Polygonaceae
- Also on February 15, 310 acres in Santa Cruz County were proposed as critical habitat for the Scotts Valley spineflower (Chorizanthe robusta var. hartwegii) and the Scotts Valley polygonum.
- ‘I love how it grows into the polygonum,’ Julie says.
- The Scotts Valley polygonum, a small annual in the buckwheat family, has linear-shaped leaves and produces white flowers.
Modern Latin, from Greek polu- 'many' + gonu 'knee, joint' (because of the swollen joints sheathed by stipules).
Words that rhyme with polygonumoriganum
Definition of polygonum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.