A substance that has a molecular structure consisting chiefly or entirely of a large number of similar units bonded together, e.g., many synthetic organic materials used as plastics and resins.
More example sentences
- High molecular weight polymers can have viscosity values in the millions of centipoise range.
- The ability of living organisms to define the molecular composition of a polymer with complete accuracy is an enviable one.
- Nucleic acids are also polymers, composed of repeating units called nucleotides.
- More example sentences
- Polyphosphates are a group of phosphates that are created from polymeric chemical compounds.
- The oil droplets contain a molecular metal oxide precursor, which polymerises on contact with water forming a polymeric metal oxide coating at the oil-water interface.
- Quill has already identified several ionic liquids in which a wide range of inorganic, organic and polymeric materials are highly soluble, making them prime candidates for small reactor volumes.
Definition of polymer in:
- The British & World English dictionary