- (Of a leukocyte) having a nucleus with several lobes and a cytoplasm that contains granules, as in an eosinophil or basophil.More example sentences
- The epithelium covering the tonsils is extensively infiltrated by lymphocytes, plasma cells, and polymorphonuclear leucocytes.
- These are the eosinophils, neutrophils, and basophils (collectively known as granulocytes or polymorphonuclear leukocytes), mast cells, and monocytes.
- Under light microscopy, necrosis in both epidermis and dermis with extensive polymorphonuclear leucocyte infiltration in deep dermis were seen in all three groups.
More definitions of polymorphonuclearDefinition of polymorphonuclear in:
- The British & World English dictionary