Definition of polymorphous perversity in English:
A generalized sexual desire that can be excited and gratified in many ways, normal in young children but unusual in adults.
- His vision of childhood is a kind of - a bit like Freud, a state of polymorphous perversity - a state of welcoming experience as both innocent and strangely perverse, because it doesn't obey adult rules.
- In this compelling account, Howard suggests that Freund's inability to accept his own polymorphous perversity, his failure to recognize his place in a ‘community of sexuality,’ precipitates his passive suicide.
- ‘Boyhood,’ she writes (poetically if not entirely convincingly), ‘is a playground and the game is polymorphous perversity.’
- 1polymorphously perverse adjective
- Example sentences
- According to Freud, prior to the Oedipus complex, the child is polymorphously perverse; that is, it receives sexual gratification from bodily functions and sensations not directly tied to sexual intercourse.
- If Picasso is polymorphously perverse, he sublimates it into a promiscuous play with form and style.
- The polymorphously perverse nature of infantile sexuality would be a function of the child's vulnerability to being shattered into sexuality.
Definition of polymorphous perversity in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.