Definition of polymorphous perversity in English:
A generalized sexual desire that can be excited and gratified in many ways, normal in young children but unusual in adults.
- His vision of childhood is a kind of - a bit like Freud, a state of polymorphous perversity - a state of welcoming experience as both innocent and strangely perverse, because it doesn't obey adult rules.
- In this compelling account, Howard suggests that Freund's inability to accept his own polymorphous perversity, his failure to recognize his place in a ‘community of sexuality,’ precipitates his passive suicide.
- ‘Boyhood,’ she writes (poetically if not entirely convincingly), ‘is a playground and the game is polymorphous perversity.’
polymorphously perverse adjective
- Example sentences
- According to Freud, prior to the Oedipus complex, the child is polymorphously perverse; that is, it receives sexual gratification from bodily functions and sensations not directly tied to sexual intercourse.
- If Picasso is polymorphously perverse, he sublimates it into a promiscuous play with form and style.
- The polymorphously perverse nature of infantile sexuality would be a function of the child's vulnerability to being shattered into sexuality.
Definition of polymorphous perversity in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia