- A general degeneration of peripheral nerves that spreads toward the center of the body.More example sentences
- A variant of sensorimotor polyneuropathy is painful diabetic neuropathy.
- Patients may present with only one type of diabetic neuropathy or may develop combinations of neuropathies (e.g., distal symmetric polyneuropathy and autonomic neuropathy).
- Furthermore, among older persons the development of pain is more likely to be related to the gradual progression of pain-related conditions such as arthritis or diabetic polyneuropathy.
More definitions of polyneuropathyDefinition of polyneuropathy in:
- The British & World English dictionary