Definition of polynuclear in English:
1(Of a complex) containing more than one metal atom.
- This method comprises depositing a polynuclear complex comprising a plurality of organic polydentate ligands and a plurality of noble metal atoms on an oxide support, and then removing the organic polydentate ligands.
- The CO ligand can add to the polynuclear complex in three different ways.
1.1(Of a compound) polycyclic.
- The residues were redissolved in DMSO for analysis of polynuclear aromatic compounds and for the mutagenicity test.
- The earliest substances identified, in 1953, were benzo pyrene, and other polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, which were known to produce tumours in animal experiments.
- Poisons left behind under and around Midway Village include benzene, lead, and polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, a class of compounds that includes many known carcinogens.
Definition of polynuclear in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan