Definition of polynuclear in English:
1(Of a complex) containing more than one metal atom.
- This method comprises depositing a polynuclear complex comprising a plurality of organic polydentate ligands and a plurality of noble metal atoms on an oxide support, and then removing the organic polydentate ligands.
- The CO ligand can add to the polynuclear complex in three different ways.
1.1(Of a compound) polycyclic.
- The residues were redissolved in DMSO for analysis of polynuclear aromatic compounds and for the mutagenicity test.
- The earliest substances identified, in 1953, were benzo pyrene, and other polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, which were known to produce tumours in animal experiments.
- Poisons left behind under and around Midway Village include benzene, lead, and polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, a class of compounds that includes many known carcinogens.
Definition of polynuclear in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.