- Any of a group of DNA viruses that are usually endemic in their host species without causing disease but that can cause tumors when injected into other species.More example sentences
- PP2A appears to be a common viral target since other viruses such as simian virus 40, polyoma virus, human T lymphotrophic retrovirus and adenovirus affect the enzymatic activity of at least a subset of PP2A proteins.
- Mammary tumors were created in the mice in response to the polyoma virus middle T antigen, a well-studied oncogene product.
- Lazutka found a significant correlation between elevated titers of human polyoma virus JC and BK and the occurrence of rogue cells.
More definitions of polyoma virusDefinition of polyoma virus in:
- The British & World English dictionary