- A bracket fungus in which the spores are expelled through fine pores on the underside.
More example sentences
- Several families in the order Aphyllophorales, class Hymenomycetes, in particular Polyporaceae, which includes the dryad saddle
- See sulphur shelf and beefsteak fungus for the best-known edible examples; and polypores for some others.
- A visitor this past Tuesday was teaching me a few of the dried-up fungi one can find this time of year in PA, mostly shelf fungi or polypores with wild names.
More definitions of polyporeDefinition of polypore in:
- The British & World English dictionary