- A carbohydrate (e.g., starch, cellulose, or glycogen) whose molecules consist of a number of sugar molecules bonded together.More example sentences
- All carbohydrates can be classified as either monosaccharides, oligosaccharides or polysaccharides.
- Simple sugars called polysaccharides and amino acids like methionine and perhaps tannins are probably what they are after by eating the trees.
- The primary categories for natural polymers include polysaccharides, proteins, nucleic acids, and polyisoprenes.
More definitions of polysaccharideDefinition of polysaccharide in:
- The British & World English dictionary