- A polysyllabic word.More example sentences
- A word containing many syllables is a polysyllable or polysyllabic word, such as selectivity and utilitarianism.
- Their choice of words is correspondingly simple, lacking the tension between polysyllables and monosyllables observed in the stanzas from ‘The Triumph of Time’.
- In general, the contrast of monosyllables and polysyllables (suspended in the five-word line eight) creates a strong balance.
More definitions of polysyllableDefinition of polysyllable in:
- The British & World English dictionary