An institution of higher education offering courses in many subjects, especially vocational or technical subjects.
- This result was accomplished by granting university status to the polytechnics and to some colleges of higher education.
- To supply the growing educational and training demand, active support has been granted to private institutes, polytechnics and colleges that provide IT training.
- The conversion of the British polytechnics into universities is parallel to the move by some community colleges to offer a workforce bachelor's degree.
Dealing with or devoted to various vocational or technical subjects.
- Hundreds of polytechnic students at Andalas University attacked the university's School of Law on the Limau Manis campus on Thursday.
- As the new assistant minister of education she devotes herself to educational improvement, opening polytechnic schools in remote areas.
- What measures has the Government undertaken to reinforce polytechnic activity in areas that contribute strongly to its core role?
Early 19th century: from French polytechnique, from Greek polutekhnos, from polu- 'many' + tekhnē 'art'.
Words that rhyme with polytechnicpyrotechnic, technic
Definition of polytechnic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.