- another term for polyethylene.More example sentences
- Polyethylene, or polythene as it was marketed in Britain, began as a polymer with little practical use.
- New plastics were invented such as neoprene in 1932, polythene in 1933 and Perspex in 1934.
- I recall the poinsettia being the most labour intensive, involving complicated light control and messing about with black polythene bags.
1930s: contraction of polyethylene.
More definitions of polytheneDefinition of polythene in:
- The British & World English dictionary