- (Of an organic compound, especially a fat or oil molecule) containing several double or triple bonds between carbon atoms. Polyunsaturated fats, which are usually of plant origin, are regarded as healthier in the diet than saturated fats.More example sentences
- We consume three main types of fats in our daily diet - saturated fats, monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats.
- Experts say the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats found largely in nuts have heart protective benefits.
- You can only get these from polyunsaturated fats and oils, found in high quantities in nuts, fish, avocados, seeds and vegetable oils.
More definitions of polyunsaturatedDefinition of polyunsaturated in:
- The British & World English dictionary