- 1A mass of algae forming a green film on the surface of stagnant water.More example sentences
- Algae, or pond scum, can smell bad, give water an unpleasant taste and make the water murky.
- The conquest or conquests of the land by the green algae is the starting point of the story, but my presentation has to begin with some attitude adjustments, because the algae are known as the seaweeds and as pond scum and as frog spittle.
- Despite the poor visibility, Earle and her fellow pond scum enthusiasts surfaced with no dire infections and a nice list of aquatic species.
- 1.1 • informal A person or thing perceived as worthless or contemptible.More example sentences
- O'Reilly is a coward and a liar and works for pond scum.
- ‘Rand's theory, basically, is that most people are pond scum,’ reads the review of Ayn Rand's Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology.
- Not many journalists - pond scum in the popular mind - earn themselves a tribute on the floor of the US Senate on their passing.
More definitions of pond scumDefinition of pond scum in:
- The British & World English dictionary