Definition of ponder in English:
Think about (something) carefully, especially before making a decision or reaching a conclusion: I pondered the question of what clothes to wear for the occasion [no object]: she sat pondering over her problem
More example sentences
- There is a subtle message to the reader who sits pondering the meaning of the titles.
- Believe it or not they don't just sit indoors, pondering life and pausing occasionally to smell a rose.
- The merest of pauses follow as he ponders his quick-fire response.
- ( rare )Example sentences
- And the worst part is that, where I usually question my friends when things go bad & wonder whether they're worth it & other uberdramatic ponderations, at the moment I seem to be questioning my devotion to them.
- So it was only after ten minutes of steamy ponderation that I finally clucked my tongue for the last time and turned on BBEdit's ‘Show Line Numbers’ feature to get my score.
- There is so much out there to think about, to enrich ourselves with and to use our cerebral matter in ponderation that it seemed to me to be almost a crime for these people not to use their grey matter to its full potential!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan