Definition of popcorn in English:
1Corn of a variety with hard kernels that swell up and burst open with a pop when heated.
- They popped popcorn and sat on the floor, all of them wrapped up in a blanket together.
- He got us a couple of drinks, popped some popcorn, and then suggested we go up to his room.
- All the recipes I follow tell you to pop the popcorn in a pot with oil and plain popcorn kernels.
1.1Corn kernels when popped, typically buttered and salted and eaten as a snack.
- The air smelled of cotton candy and popcorn, the fresh and tantalizing aromas of childhood.
- I could smell popcorn, candy floss and dusk in the air, and I was enjoying every moment of it.
- Caroline shoves empty bags of popcorn and candy wrappers into the bag and sets Cassie off.
Words that rhyme with popcornRuncorn • peppercorn
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan