Definition of popcorn in English:
1Corn of a variety with hard kernels that swell up and burst open with a pop when heated.
- They popped popcorn and sat on the floor, all of them wrapped up in a blanket together.
- He got us a couple of drinks, popped some popcorn, and then suggested we go up to his room.
- All the recipes I follow tell you to pop the popcorn in a pot with oil and plain popcorn kernels.
1.1Corn kernels when popped, typically buttered and salted and eaten as a snack.
- The air smelled of cotton candy and popcorn, the fresh and tantalizing aromas of childhood.
- I could smell popcorn, candy floss and dusk in the air, and I was enjoying every moment of it.
- Caroline shoves empty bags of popcorn and candy wrappers into the bag and sets Cassie off.
Words that rhyme with popcornRuncorn • peppercorn
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.