- A party or coalition representing left-wing elements, in particular ( the Popular Front) an alliance of communist, radical, and socialist elements formed and gaining some power in countries such as France and Spain in the 1930s.More example sentences
- Dos Passos was part of the anti-Stalinist left with James T Farrell against an American popular front of Communist, populist and celebrity liberal writers.
- Such a role was played by the popular front movements in France and Spain in the 1930s, as well as in the Chile of Salvador Allende.
- When he got together with other photographers they discussed fascism, communism, the popular front and Mussolini's attack on Ethiopia.
More definitions of popular frontDefinition of popular front in:
- The British & World English dictionary