Definition of porch in English:
1A covered shelter projecting in front of the entrance of a building.
- There is a covered porch and two front doors to the dwelling and an arched entrance at the side.
- Nate followed the Petrov sisters though a dimly lit pathway to the porch and front door.
- The outer front door of the porch had a mortise lock which had showed no signs of being forced.
- Example sentences
- A porched entrance leads to a spacious reception hall with ceiling coving, built-in closet and understairs storage.
- Splintered Reality was exhibited earlier at Marlborough Gallery, where several other knotted rubber sculptures were porched on pedestals or hung from the gallery walls.
- The house is accessed through a porched entrance, beyond which the entrance hall features polished timber flooring, a picture rail, coving and understairs storage.
Words that rhyme with porchdebauch, nautch, scorch, torch
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan