- A tropical marine fish that has a parrotlike beak and is covered with sharp spines. It inflates itself like a balloon when threatened.
More example sentences
- Family Diodontidae: three genera and several species, including the widely distributed Diodon hystrix. See also burrfish
- They went swimming with loggerhead turtles, bottle-nosed dolphins, nurse sharks, moray eels, stingrays, and porcupine fish at one of the world's top dive sites.
- The exhibit offers a glimpse into the marine life with the moray eel, which resembles a tiger, lobster, sea horse, porcupine fish and squirrelfish being displayed.
- Jacks, titan triggers, morays, blue-ringed angelfish, lionfish, and porcupine fish are residents in this landscape dotted with barrel sponge, and pretty soft and white and purple coral.
More definitions of porcupine fishDefinition of porcupine fish in:
- The British & World English dictionary