Definition of porcupine fish in English:
A tropical marine fish that has a parrotlike beak and is covered with sharp spines. It inflates itself like a balloon when threatened.
- Family Diodontidae: three genera and several species, including the widely distributed Diodon hystrix. See also burrfish
- They went swimming with loggerhead turtles, bottle-nosed dolphins, nurse sharks, moray eels, stingrays, and porcupine fish at one of the world's top dive sites.
- The exhibit offers a glimpse into the marine life with the moray eel, which resembles a tiger, lobster, sea horse, porcupine fish and squirrelfish being displayed.
- Jacks, titan triggers, morays, blue-ringed angelfish, lionfish, and porcupine fish are residents in this landscape dotted with barrel sponge, and pretty soft and white and purple coral.
Definition of porcupine fish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan