Definition of porgy in English:
noun (plural same or porgies)
A deep-bodied fish related to the sea breams, typically silvery but sometimes changing to a blotched pattern. It usually lives in warm coastal waters.
- Calamus and other genera, family Sparidae: many species
- However, it makes a good home for numerous pufferfish, porgies and sweetlips, and surgeonfish shoal in the open water nearby.
- While deciding, we stared into the eyes of a striped bass, sea bass, porgy and red snapper.
- The porgy is a fine fish with firm and flaky flesh.
Words that rhyme with porgycorgi
Definition of porgy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia