- A small bowl, typically with a handle, used for soup, stew, or similar dishes.More example sentences
- One vessel, a stoneware porringer with twisted handles, painted cobalt blue, is a form uncommon for the time, and has not appeared at other American colonial sites.
- Once that was finished, I was to start putting the stew into the porringers and ring the meal bell.
- Eddy slurped up what remained of his stew and sent his porringer down the table.
late Middle English (earlier as potager and pottinger): from Old French potager, from potage 'contents of a pot'.
More definitions of porringerDefinition of porringer in:
- The British & World English dictionary