- A rigid structural frame consisting essentially of two uprights connected at the top by a third member.More example sentences
- The structure is essentially three column portal frames that carry longitudinal channels, which bear purlins at 2m centres.
- The design is an elegant, spaceship-like pod of laminated structural timber portal frames clad in aluminium panels.
- The box is supported on steel portal frames, and from these are propped frames that provide the spaces for the cafeteria and the main dual restaurant space.
More definitions of portal frameDefinition of portal frame in:
- The British & World English dictionary