- 1A depiction of someone or something in a work of art or literature: a realistic portrayal of warMore example sentences
- The Roosevelt Myth is a devastating portrayal of FDR.
- The Greek middle classes fare not much better in Tsiolkas's simplistic, one-dimensional portrayal.
- Thus, the portrayal of the story became the most important aspect.
- 1.1A description of someone or something in a particular way; a representation: the media portrayal of immigrationMore example sentences
- I had to cast aside my objections to the portrayal of some stereotypes.
- Put simply, the David against Goliath scenario does not necessarily represent an accurate portrayal of the real conflict.
- Without a doubt, Boys Don't Cry is the most devastating portrayal of violence done to women I have ever seen in a film.
- 1.2An instance of an actor playing a part in a movie or play; a performance: his portrayal of the title characterMore example sentences
performance as, representation of, interpretation of, rendering of, reading of• formal personation of
- What saves the film, without doubt, is Ben Kingsley's portrayal of Fagin, which is brilliant.
- In the title role, Campbell Scott gives a wonderfully compelling portrayal.
- Michael Schultz showed less refinement in his portrayal of William.