- The statistical probability that a hypothesis is true calculated in the light of relevant observations. Compare with prior probability.More example sentences
- They implemented a full Bayesian method for calculating posterior probabilities using Markov Chain Monte Carlo.
- To summarize: the paradox arises because you use the prior probabilities to calculate the expected gain rather than the posterior probabilities.
- The expectations are actually obtained using the posterior probabilities rather than the prior probabilities.
More definitions of posterior probabilityDefinition of posterior probability in:
- The British & World English dictionary