- Relating to or denoting the giving of ideas or instructions to a subject under hypnosis that are intended to affect behavior after the hypnotic trance ends: posthypnotic suggestionMore example sentences
- For example, a hypnotized subject can be given post-hypnotic suggestion to forget the number seven.
- Julia is bringing Daphne out of her trance with some post-hypnotic suggestion to resist Anderson's control over her.
- The hypnotic approach to ending procrastination is similar to that for conquering Writer's Block: a combination of rooting out the cause and positive post-hypnotic suggestions.
More definitions of posthypnoticDefinition of posthypnotic in:
- The British & World English dictionary