Definition of postoperative in English:
During, relating to, or denoting the period following a surgical operation: postoperative care
More example sentences
- Adjuvant post-operative radiation therapy was administered because resection margins were positive.
- Treatment should be continued throughout the period of post-operative care until the risk of deep vein thrombosis has diminished.
- They can be operated on, but it's off to the theatre and a general anaesthetic and a painful post-operative period.
- Example sentences
- No patient was treated with ultrasound or electrical stimulation postoperatively.
- All patients were immobilized in a below-the-knee cast with the ankle in the neutral position for 4 weeks postoperatively.
- With an adjustable implant, the pocket can be stretched postoperatively, resulting in a more natural look.
Definition of postoperative in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan