adjectivechiefly North American
- (Of a sporting event) taking place after the end of the regular season.More example sentences
- So maybe a coach with a proven track record is the key to postseason success.
- New Orleans failed to make the playoffs despite some great seasons by Archie, but his son seems primed for eventual postseason success.
- Both have succeeded under pressure, even producing impressive postseason performances against the Yankees.
nounBack to top
- The period following the regular season.More example sentences
- The number of defensive touchdowns Tampa Bay scored in the regular season and the postseason combined.
- You've also talked about the difference in setting up a team for the regular season vs. the postseason.
- But the Yankees again are better constructed to win the regular season than the postseason.
More definitions of postseasonDefinition of postseason in:
- The British & World English dictionary