- Thick soup.More example sentences
- Another plus here is that meals include potage or salad, so you don't feel cheap if you can't spring for an appetizer.
- Our meals started with a choice of potage or salad, which the menu claimed was ‘famous.’
- Anglo-Saxons swore by watercress potage to purify their blood every spring, and there are 17 th-century recipes for watercress ‘sallets’, which mix the leaves with oranges, lemons, raisins and pears.
mid 16th century: from French. Compare with pottage.
More definitions of potageDefinition of potage in:
- The British & World English dictionary