- A destructive fungal disease of potatoes resulting in dry brown rot of the tubers.
More example sentences
- Early blight is caused by Alternaria solani (subdivision Deuteromycotina), and late blight is caused by Phytophthora infestans (subdivision Mastigomycotina)
- The trials will investigate the suitability of different potato varieties and the influence of soil fertility on potato blight.
- There have been warnings of late of potato blight and people with sowings of potatoes would be well advised to spray.
- But that changed 150 years ago, when Ireland's potato blight and Britain's refusal to bail out the Irish sent millions to the emigrant ships.
More definitions of potato blightDefinition of potato blight in:
- The British & World English dictionary