Definition of potentiometry in English:
The measurement of electrical potential as a technique in chemical analysis.
- In electrochemical analysis by such methods as anodic stripping voltammetry, cyclic voltammetry, differential pulse polarography, and potentiometry, the anode always functions as the site of oxidation.
- Fluoride was measured with direct potentiometry, using a FI ion-selective electrode.
- Both machines use the same technology to measure pH, using an electrode to detect hydrogen ions by direct potentiometry.
- Example sentences
- With the potentiometric method, no CA activity could be measured, whereas with the isotopic disequilibrium technique, significant CA activity could be detected.
- Optical techniques using potentiometric probes have been successfully used to monitor electrical phenomena in cells and tissue where microelectrode access is not possible.
- An additional concern with potentiometric indicators is converting their fluorescence or absorbance recordings into meaningful measurements of potential.
Definition of potentiometry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan