Definition of potter wasp in English:
A solitary wasp that builds a flask-shaped nest of mud into which it seals an egg and a supply of food for the larva.
- Genus Eumenes, family Eumenidae: many species
- These Potter Wasps look similar to other species of Mud-Dauber Wasps that we found but they build mud nests with a different shape.
- In answer to the implied question, potter wasp females stock these pots with paralyzed caterpillars.
- Potter wasp egg chambers look like tiny, rough-thrown pots about half an inch wide.
Definition of potter wasp in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan