(also potto gibbon)
Definition of potto in English:
noun (plural pottos)
A small, slow-moving, nocturnal primate with a short tail, living in dense vegetation in the tropical forests of Africa.
- Perodicticus potto, family Lorisidae, suborder Prosimii
- He nominates the potto - a loris from western and central Africa - as an example.
- The other small primates like bush babies are pottos.
- Furthermore, Pottos have areas for blood storage in their hands and feet.
Early 18th century: perhaps from Guinea dialect.
Definition of potto in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.